A double window.
In the left-hand panel, the Virgin Mary sits in profile, her joined hands resting on a book on her lap. She is wearing a deep blue cloak, a colour which was often, and still is, associated with the Virgin Mary. Mary sits in a garden, with cobbles beneath her feet. An arcaded wall, revealing blue sky, forms the background. Lilies and climbing roses grow beside her. The Holy Ghost, in the traditional form of a dove, faces Mary in profile.
The right panel shows the Archangel Gabriel in profile, wearing a deep red cloak and a sage green gown. He stands on a cloud, with right hand raised in greeting and a lily in his left hand. Both figures are beneath canopies of Gothic architecture.
Above is a smaller, central light showing Sarah, Abraham’s wife, holding a scroll with the promise which God made to Abraham: “She shall be the Mother of Nations” (Genesis 17, v.16).”
- Position: North wall by the pulpit
- Biblical ref: Luke 1, vv. 26-38
- Signature: H.T. Bosdet Chiswick June 1907
- Memorial inscription: "To the Glory of God this window is erected by Jane Aubin in memory of George Aubin her husband".